Backend architecture revamp for the largest real estate publisher
A quick look
We revamped the backend architecture and hired a CTO to support further growth of Bisnow, the largest global real estate magazine publisher.
Re-design the backend architecture for Bisnow and implement standards, documents, and tools for continued development of the system. Help hire a CTO to manage the company's technology efforts.
CTO hiring: 1. Kick-off – Job description published on HR channels 2. First round – Discussion with internal Bisnow HR department (20 candidates) – U+ Head of HR (Lucia) 3. Consulting & prep with Bisnow on skype call (~2 hours) 4. Second round – Verification & Tech dialogue with U+CTO to evaluate technical background on skype (~10 candidates ~ 10+hrs including prep) 5. Final round – CEO level with Jan Beranek physical presence at the meeting & final recommendation - (3 hours)
- Revamp backend architecture.
- Helped facilitate the process of hiring a CTO.
- Automate deployment on major applications (bisnow.com, Bison, MBR).
- Document IDE standards and Document a coding standard.
- Implement automatic tools to check code for errors.
- Define and document a development process (package of ad-hoc consultation services per item) - 9 hours